- Unlimited access to Guild facility and equipment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Opportunity to participate in 2 annual show/sale events
- Discounts for Guild classes
- Purchase clay at discounted “bulk” rates
- Display pictures of work on Guild Website
Membership: There is a one-time nonrefundable membership fee of $200 ($300 for a family of 2) which may be paid in two installments. The first installment is due at time of joining as a probationary member; the second installment is due in no later than three months from joining.
Dues: Monthly dues are $27, $40 or $60, dependent upon the type of membership selected.
- Regular members pay $40 per month, with unlimited studio time, 2 ware shelves, 10% discount on classes $200 initial membership fee.
- Associate members (none available at this time) pay $27 per month, with 5 hours per week of studio time, 1 ware shelf, 5% discount on classes and $200 initial membership fee.
- A Family membership is available for 2 adults, $60 per month, with unlimited studio time, 3 ware shelves, 5% discount on classes $300 initial membership fee.
All bisque and glaze firing costs are extra. Firing fees are communicated to the membership and will vary slightly depending upon the cost of gas or electricity. The use of guild glazes is included in the firing charges; therefore items glazed at the guild must be fired at the guild.
Additional storage shelves are available for a small monthly fee.
Members may display pictures of their work on the Guild Website for approximately $25 to $30
(see example member's page)
Facilities, clay purchases, glazing and firing
- The Guild stocks a variety of clays for members to purchase. Other clays may be purchased at a volume discount by notifying the vice president, who will include the requested clay in the next order. Orders may take up to 4 weeks for delivery.
- Bisque, glaze and raku firing is accomplished using a high fire gas kiln, two electric kilns, and a raku kiln. Kiln loads are fired as soon as sufficient wares are on hand to fill the kiln.
- Ten wheels are available for throwing as well as one handicapped accessible wheel.
- A hand building area with a slab roller and extruder are housed on the upper level.
- A spray booth, glazes and glazing area, and a kitchen/lounge area are also available.
Incoming members are expected to be able to work independently and are probationary for 6 months. All members are expected to help to maintain a clean studio and contribute time and labor toward the functioning of the Guild. The studio is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Throwing wheels may not be available during class sessions. Each member will have a secure door code.
There is a minimum of two sales a year (spring and fall) in which members are encouraged to participate. The sales also serve as a fund raiser for the Guild, thus a small percentage of the sales is retained for operational expenses. Two studio cleanup days per year are scheduled prior to the shows, and members are expected to participate. Members are also strongly encouraged to to participate on a committee, or serve as a committee chairman, after the first year.
For the membership application click here. Send to NCPGmembership@gmail.com or mailed to address shown on application.
Email NCPGmembership@gmail.com to request a tour of the Guild.